This hearty stew is rich with flavors, colors, and nutrients. The coconut, peanut, and spices give this dish an exotic flavor. It's perfect over a warm bed of couscous.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- large soup pot
- medium bowl
- mixing spoons
- Peanutty Buddha Bowl meal starter pouch
- 1/2 cup all natural peanut butter, no added oils
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, medium diced
- 6 ounce bag frozen chopped spinach
- 1 3/4 cup of boiling water for the couscous
- To a large pot, add the flavor packet from the Peanutty Buddha Bowl meal starter pouch, along with peanut butter, tomatoes, and sweet potatoes. Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add the spinach during the last 5 minutes of cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the couscous from the meal starter pouch with the boiling water (add a pinch of salt if desired). Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and set aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Uncover the bowl of couscous and fluff using a fork. Top with African Stew.