Gluten-free corn griddle cakes, crispy on the outside and fluffy on the inside. Slice these fun little cakes and stuff with beans, guacamole, or even salsa.
Prep time: 5-8 minutes
Cook time: 20-25 minutes
- non-stick pan or griddle
- large mixing bowl
- mixing spoons and spatula
- Meal starter pouch
- 2 1/4 cups water
- Warm a non-stick pan on medium-high heat and preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl, add meal starter pouch contents, then slowly add the lukewarm water and mix well. Let sit for 5 minutes.
- Form 8-10 equal sized patties, about 1/2 inch thick.
- Cook on a non-stick pan for 3-5 minutes on each side, then bake in the preheated oven for 12-15 minutes.
- Cut the arepas in half and stuff with desired fillings.