This one-pot meal makes dinner preparation quick and easy. While it's great on its own, it also makes a wonderful filling for a taco dinner or a salad-style burrito bowl served with greens, salsa, and lots of avocado slices or guacamole.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- medium pan
- mixing spoons
- Caribbean Rice & Beans meal starter pouch
- 4 cups cold water
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup salsa (mild or medium heat)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Add to a medium pot the Caribbean Rice & Beans meal starter pouch contents, along with the other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil and simmer covered for 20-22 minutes.
- Top with sliced avocados and cilantro.