Coconut Split Pea Curry
This is a fun way to jazz up a traditional split pea soup. Split peas paired with coconut milk and sweet potatoes create pure creamy goodness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- large soup pot
- knife & cutting board
- mixing spoons
- Split Pea Soup meal starter pouch
- 4 cups of cold water
- 1 (15-oz) can lite coconut milk
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- In a large pot, add Split Pea Soup meal starter pouch contents, water, coconut milk, and curry powder. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 60 minutes or until tender.
- After 40 minutes simmering, add the diced sweet potatoes and stir, adding more water if necessary.
- Optional: Serve over brown rice, barley, farro, or quinoa.