Good For You Burger
A simple and easy to prepare veggie bean burger, with a delicious texture and chocked full of flavor.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- nonstick baking sheet
- medium bowl
- mixing spoons
- Meal starter pouch
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup black beans; rinsed, drained, and lightly mashed.
- Optional: 1/4 diced onion and 1/4 diced pepper, or 1/2 cup other diced vegetables of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, add pouch contents, lightly mashed beans, and any preferred vegetables.
- Add the water, then knead for 5 minutes. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Form the bean mixture into the burger sizes you prefer and place on a nonstick baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until crispy, flipping burgers midway through.
- Serve with whole wheat burger buns and toppings of your choice.