Nacho 'Cheeze' Sauce
You won't miss a traditional nacho sauce after you try this recipe, especially because it's so easy to make. We like to keep a container of this in the fridge so it's always on hand for topping baked potatoes, tacos, pizza, or tortilla chips.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
- medium pan
- mixing spoons
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened dairy-free milk
- 2 medium potatoes, quartered
- 2 carrots, cut roughly
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Baked Potato Soup meal starter pouch
- To a medium pot add the 2 1/2 cups of water, along with potatoes, carrots, and onions.
Cook over medium heat until potatoes and carrots are tender, approximately 15 minutes.Drain the carrots, potatoes, and onions and add to a blender along with the 2 ½ cups of plant-based milk, apple cider vinegar, and Baked Potato Soup meal starter pouch contents.
- Blend for two minutes until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the creamy sauce back into the pot and cook over medium heat until bubbly and thickened, stirring continuously.
- Serve over baked potatoes, tacos, pizza, or tortilla chips.
- Optional: Add a small can of chopped mild green chilis and some Cholula Hot Sauce to create an amazing dip!