Peanutty Buddha Bowl
A creamy coconut curried peanut sauce with chickpeas and spinach served over whole wheat couscous.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- medium pan
- medium bowl
- mixing spoons
- Meal starter pouch
- 3 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 2 (15-oz) cans garbanzo beans/chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 6 ounces frozen chopped spinach
- 1 3/4 cups boiling water for the couscous
- In a bowl, mix the couscous from the meal starter pouch with the boiling water (add a pinch of salt if desired).
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and set aside for 5-7 minutes.
- In a medium pan, add other pouch contents, garbanzo beans, chopped spinach, peanut butter, and plant-based milk.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 10-12 minutes or until thickened, stirring frequently.
- Uncover the bowl of couscous and fluff using a fork. Serve sauce over couscous.