Scalloped potatoes are a feel-good comfort food dish many of us know well. This recipe leaves out the ham, but is just as good, and good for you!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 30-40 minutes
- 9 x 13 in baking pan
- knives & cutting board
- mixing spoons
- Baked Potato Soup meal starter pouch
- 2 lbs potatoes (about 6 medium), thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups of plant-based milk
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- To a blender, add the Baked Potato Soup meal starter pouch contents along with 2 ½ cups plant-based milk, and blend for two minutes until smooth and creamy.
- In a 9 x 13- inch baking dish, add a small amount of sauce to cover the bottom of the dish. Arrange half of the potato slices and half of the onion slices in an overlapping layer in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with optional parsley, and then pour half of the pouch/milk sauce over the potatoes and onions. Repeat with the remaining potatoes, onions, parsley, and sauce.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil and bake for 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are completely tender. Uncover and cook for 15 more minutes. Serve warm.