Sweet bell peppers stuffed with hearty, flavorful beans and grains. These stuffed peppers are even better as leftovers because they absorb more flavor but still hold their shape after being cooled and reheated.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- large soup pot
- mixing spoons
- aluminum foil/parchment paper
- Creole Rice & Beans meal starter pouch
2 cups water
- 1 (15-oz) can red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 4-6 bell peppers
- In a medium pan, add the Creole Rice & Beans meal starter pouch, water, red beans, and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Bring to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Remove the tops and seeds from the bell peppers. Fill with the Creole beans mixture and place in the prepared baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10 minutes.