Tex Mex Mac & 'Cheeze'
The combination of chili, pasta, and cheezy sauce makes this a great kid-friendly recipe. It's like a taco, chili, and nachos all in one classic bowl of goodness.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 medium pans
- mixing spoons
- Vegan Mac & Cheeze meal starter pouch
- 1 1/2 cups of plant-based milk
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-oz) can red beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- Garnish: 1 avocado and chopped cilantro
- Options: Try adding other vegetables of your choice, such as chopped green chiles, green or red peppers, corn, or greens.
- Cook the pasta from the Vegan Mac & Cheeze meal starter pouch in boiling water for 10-12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Add to a medium pot the flavor pouch contents from the meal starter along with the add-ins and mix well.
- Simmer over medium to high heat for 10-15 minutes until thickened.
- Adjust with more plant-based milk or water if needed.
- Mix the sauce with the pasta and serve.