Italian-style meatless veggie balls for use in a marinara sauce over pasta, in a veggie ball/marinara sub, or in any other dish you prefer.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- nonstick baking sheet
- medium bowl
- mixing spoons
- Meal starter pouch
- 1 1/4 cup cold water
- 1 cup white beans; rinsed, drained, and lightly mashed
- Optional: 1/4 dice onion and 1/4 diced pepper, or 1/2 cup other diced vegetables of your choice
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, add pouch contents, lightly mashed beans, and any preferred vegetables.
- Add the water, then knead for 5 minutes. Let the mixture rest for 5 minutes.
- Shape the mixture into balls (any size you prefer) and place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, or until veggie balls are browned.
- For a spaghetti and veggie balls, combine with a low/no oil marinara and your favorite pasta, or put the veggie balls and marinara in a sub roll.