Whole-grain tortillas filled with a hearty mixture of Caribbean rice and beans, tofu, and broccoli, covered with your favorite oil-free salsa or enchilada sauce.
Prep time: 25 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- medium pan
- mixing spoons
- Caribbean Rice & Bean meal starter pouch
- 4 cups water
- 1 (10-oz) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 8 ounces extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 3 cups salsa or enchilada sauce, divided
- 6 (8 inch) whole grain tortillas
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Fill a medium pan with 4 cups water. Add Caribbean Rice & Beans meal starter pouch contents. Bring to a boil and simmer for 20-22 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- When the rice is finished cooking, add the broccoli and crumbled tofu to the mixture and combine.
- Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with half of the salsa or enchilada sauce.
- Fill and roll each tortilla with 1/2 - 3/4 cup of rice and bean mixture and place seam-side down in the salsa/enchilada lined baking dish. (If you have leftover rice and beans you can place the extra filling evenly between filled tortillas and along the edges of the pan.)
- Spoon the remaining salsa/enchilada sauce over the top of the tortillas.
- Cover with tin foil and bake for 25 minutes, or until heated through. Serve warm and garnish with avocados and cilantro.