The countdown for summer break is almost here! It’s an exciting time for many kids as they head off to pools, summer camps, vacations, and family travels. It seems their appetites are also just as busy, so here’s a list of nutrient-packed healthy snack ideas for those warm summer days!
1. Fresh fruits and veggies are nature’s best snacks. Keep produce washed, cut, and available for easy grab and go. Don’t forget to visit the u-pick farms so your kids can enjoy in-season produce, while enjoying quality time spent together picking.
2. Frozen snacks are always a hit on a hot day. Try making popsicles and pudding pops from fruit smoothies and plant-based puddings. Frozen bananas make delicious creamy ice-cream and can be paired with other frozen fruits such as berries, mango, or pineapple. Even frozen grapes are simple and deliciously sweet!
3. Cookies and bars are great out of the oven, but also freeze well for for a quick grab and go snack.
4. Keep a dip handy for veggies and quick sandwich wraps. Try guacamole, hummus, or a black bean dip.
5. Roasted chickpeas are the perfect way to fight off hunger pains and can be made with a variety of seasoning blends.
With thirty entrees to choose from, PlantPure meals are the most convenient, healthy and inexpensive delivered foods available on-line! Our meals have no added oils and are priced lower than most fast foods. Order today at: PlantPureNation.com/collections/Foods