Prep time: 25-40 minutes
Cook time: 15-20 minutes
Yield: 3-4 servings
(Choose only one of the options below)
- 1 large prepared whole grain pizza crust (many brands to choose from)
- 4 whole wheat pitas for individualized pizzas
- 2-3 whole grain sub rolls
- 4-6 whole grain English muffins
- 4 whole grain bagels, sliced
Artisan Vegan Pizza Dough (see recipe below) If you decide to use this recipe, I recommend preparing it 2 hours before the show if you are cooking along with me.
Artisanal Vegan Pizza Dough
**Please note, this recipe makes two large pizza crusts. Today’s Pizza Party recipe is for one large pizza so if you are using this recipe, you can freeze the other half of the dough before baking and save it for another pizza night. Defrost your frozen pizza dough on the kitchen counter for 1-2 hours.
Yields: Two 14-15 inch crusts
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes (includes rising)
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 cup warm water
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾ cup nondairy milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons sea salt
- 3 cups white whole wheat flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast in the warm water. Let stand until frothy, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the maple syrup, milk, salt, and flour to make a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, knead for 6-8 minutes, until smooth.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover with a damp towel. Set aside in a warm place to rise until the dough doubles in size, about 1 hour.
- Punch down the dough and allow to double in size again, about 30 minutes.
- During the second rise, preheat oven to 450°F.
- Divide the dough in half. Freeze half if you are not using it for this recipe.
- Set aside.
Yield: 1 ¾ cup sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 0 minutes
- 6-oz can tomato paste
- 15-oz can tomato sauce (or diced tomatoes)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon coconut sugar (or your preferred sweetener)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- Mix all of the ingredients into a medium-sized bowl and stir until well combined.
- Spread over your favorite pizza crust and top with veggies.
Choose a few or all of your favorite toppings from the list below.
- ½ cup bell peppers, thinly sliced
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- ½ cup fresh basil, chopped
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- ½ cup pineapple, diced
- ½ cup diced artichoke hearts
Vegan Stretchy Pizza Cheese
Yields: 1 1/4 cups sauce
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 3-5 minutes
- ½ cup raw cashews or 4 ounces extra-firm tofu (1/4 of a cake)
- 1 cup unsweetened nondairy milk
- 4 tablespoons tapioca starch (no substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon miso paste
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic
- Place all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the cheese mixture into a medium size saucepan over medium-high heat and stir continuously. At first, you will see lumps forming, but they will dissolve into a creamy cheese-like consistency. Continue to cook until the mixture is fully thickened and bubbly, about 3-5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool slightly before adding it to your pizza.
Let’s Build A Pizza 🍕
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Position your crust to build your pizza. If you are using your own pizza dough, spread the dough onto a parchment lined pizza pan.
- Top with desired amount of pizza sauce. Add your favorite veggies in any order you prefer.
- Drizzle the cheese over the top of your veggies.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until crisp and golden brown.
🥄 Kitchen Tools
- Baking sheet or Round 16-18 inch Pizza Pan
- Parchment paper
- Large mixing bowl
- High-powered blender
- Medium sized saucepan
- Rolling Pin (optional)
- Rubber Spatulas
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Chef knife
- Cutting board
✏️Tips & Tricks
- Check out my Pepperoni Spice Blend that is a great option when looking to spice up your pizza toppings!
Brick Oven Style Pizza: If you are using a pizza stone and Artisanal Pizza dough, I recommend you place the stone directly into a preheated 500°F oven and allow it to become very hot. The hotter the better! It takes about 30-45 minutes to truly and fully heat up the stone. Roll the dough onto a parchment-lined pizza peel. When you are done building your pizza on the peel, slide the pizza and parchment paper onto the hot stone in the oven. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the crust becomes crispy and golden.