🌱Dry Ingredients (6-7 cups dry ingredients):
- 5 cups oats (do not use quick oats)
- 1 ½ cups of any combination: nuts, seeds, quinoa, puffed grains, unsweetened coconut flakes, flax meal, or buckwheat groats (mix and match to your preference)
🌱Wet/Blender Ingredients (1 ½ cups wet ingredients):
1/3 cup pureed fruit: 1 banana, or 1/3 cup applesauce, or 1/3 cup pumpkin, or any other fruit puree
1/4 cup nondairy milk or water
1/4 cup nut butter (peanut, almond, cashew, or sunflower)
2 teaspoons vanilla or flavoring extracts
1/4 cup sweetener: maple syrup, molasses, agave, date syrup, or 6-8 soaked pitted dates
2 teaspoons spice (cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, or gingerbread spice)
½ teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Blend the wet ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Mix until well combined and thoroughly coated.
- Spread the granola onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Bake for 60 minutes. Turn the oven off but do not remove the granola. Allow it to continue to cool naturally and dry out. Keep the granola in the oven 4-6 hours (or overnight).
- Add the dried fruit and store in an airtight container for 10-14 days.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- Adding dried fruit to granola while it is baking will burn the fruit. Always add dried fruit last to maintain their sweet, fruity, and soft texture.