I love the idea of making convenience foods at home. Use these simple tips to cut down on time and cost, while also adding healthier food options to your day.
1. Freeze Cookie Dough: Scoop out portions of cookie dough and place them onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for 1-2 hours until the cookie dough is frozen. Store the frozen cookies dough portions in zip lock storage bags for up to 3 months. When you’re in the mood to bake, place these frozen cookies on a cookie sheet and bake, allowing an extra 1-2 minutes of baking time. Enjoy freshly baked cookies whenever you have the urge!
2. Make Your Own Cake/Cookie/Pancake Mix: Place the dry ingredients into a zip-lock bag and label the bag with the recipe title and a list of the added wet ingredients needed to complete the mix. These make great gifts too!!
Start with this delicious Carrot Cake recipe!
3. Frozen Pizza Dough/Crusts: Make your own pizza dough and allow it to rise or double in size for about an hour. Punch it down and divide the dough portions according to the size you would use to make one pizza. Place the dough into a zip-lock freezer bag and and freeze for up to 3 months. When you’re ready to make pizza, allow it to thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Roll the dough out and top, bake, and enjoy! You can also roll out the pizza dough and bake it, freeze it, and enjoy an already prepared cooked crust for easy pizza dinners.
4. Homemade Frozen Waffles/Pancakes: Don’t wait until the weekends to enjoy your favorite waffle or pancake recipe. The next time you are making waffles or pancakes, make extra and freeze them. It’s fun to toast a waffle in a hurry and top it with fruit, plant-based yogurt, or even avocados and salsa for a more savory breakfast or snack.
5. Muffins Anytime: Whenever you get in the mood to make muffins, make a double batch and keep the extras stashed in the freezer, storing them in a zip-lock freezer bag. They are perfect for breakfasts and snacks.
With thirty entrees to choose from, PlantPure meals are the most convenient, healthy and inexpensive delivered foods available on-line! Our meals have no added oils and are priced lower than most fast foods. Order today at: PlantPureNation.com/collections/Foods
Baked samosas are a healthy version of a traditional Indian fried pastry. These samosa burritos burst with flavor - a flavor loved by kids and adults alike.