- 1 onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric
- 7 oz extra firm tofu, crumbled
- 1 ½ cups diced pineapple (fresh, canned, or frozen)
- 1 red pepper, small diced
- 1 carrot, small diced
- ¾ cup chopped green onions, sliced
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- ¼ cup low sodium tamari sauce
- 1 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1-2 teaspoons sriracha, more or less depending on spice preference
- 3 cups cooked and chilled brown rice
- ¼ cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- ½ cup peanuts, crushed
- Lime Wedges, for garnishing
- Sauté the onions over medium-high heat deglazing the pan with water as they begin to stick. Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, and crumbled tofu continuing to sauté until well combined. Add the pineapple, red pepper, carrots, green onions, and peas. Continue to stir fry for 3-4 minutes. (Add water 1 tablespoon at a time to prevent sticking as needed.)
- Add the tamari sauce, maple syrup, lime juice, and sriracha to the vegetables and mix well.
- Add the cooked rice and cook over low-medium heat until rice is heated through. Serve warm and top with cilantro, peanuts, and lime wedges.
✏️ Tips & Hints
Feel free to substitute the vegetables for seasonal veggies such as chopped kale, corn, diced asparagus, tomatoes, broccoli, or cabbage.