If you'd like to cook along during the livestream, just sign up for our newsletter! We'll send out a recipe and shopping list about one week before each for PlantPure Kitchen Live show. You'll also get company updates, plant-based stories, and exclusive discounts on everything PlantPure.
Don't fret - just follow the steps below for your email provider / client:
Follow this set of instructions provided by Microsoft.
A whole food, plant-based diet comprises the following foods:
Studies show that a plant-based diet can help you:
First, our meals taste better. And second, unlike most frozen foods, our meals contain:
1) We used low levels of salt in our recipes so that you could add a little salt according to your preference. Some of you may need no more salt, but if you are transitioning to this diet and are used to a higher level of salt, you can sprinkle some on your meal after it has been heated. We encourage you over time to reduce your salt intake, but as you transition to a healthy diet, it is important that the food satisfies your current taste preferences.
2) Make sure you stir your meal when reheating, thoroughly combining the sauces with the pasta, rice, or couscous. If you use a microwave, heat the meal for five minutes, stir the ingredients together well, then heat for another minute or two. This will spread the flavors into the starch base, and also help to incorporate the excess water in the sauce. A few of the meals may seem a little wet, but remember that this is mostly because we are not adding oil to the sauces. Just make sure you follow the instructions to mix your starch and sauce bases well.
3) To maximize the quality of the food, we recommend reheating your meals with the Hot Logic induction-warming tray. This induction unit will heat your food to a safe temperature, and hold it there until you choose to eat. It takes 1.5 to 2 hours to thoroughly warm, but all you have to do is place the meal in the tray, plug it in, then walk away.
4) After you have heated your meal, serve it on a plate, or, if it is a wetter meal, in a bowl. The food will look appetizing, and as much as we think our tastes are not visual, they are indeed partly influenced by visual presentation. Also, you will notice how large the servings are when you use a plate or bowl.
5) We provide generous portions, so don’t feel like you need to eat the whole meal! If you have some left over, put it in your fridge for a snack later.
6) Take a snack bag with you to work every day with a few pieces of fruit and cut veggies, and keep your water bottle on your desk so you can stay hydrated.
We have some meals that do not have nuts or soy, but we do not currently sell these meals individually. However, you can choose our 20-meal a la carte option and select the meals you want as part of a bundle. You can view a complete list of ingredients and the nutrition facts on the label by clicking HERE.
We do offer a few entrees that do not contain gluten by nature. However, since our meals are produced in a facility that uses gluten/wheat, we do not claim any of our meals are gluten-free as this requires a different set of certifications that we do not have. You can view the individual labels and nutrition facts by clicking HERE.
You can choose our 20-meal a la carte option and select the meals you want as part of a bundle. Again, we recommend you first view the individual labels and nutrition facts by clicking for any of our options by clicking HERE.
The meals are flash frozen, which means bringing the temperature of the meal down to freezing in a very short period of time. Freezing protects the texture and taste of the ingredients and allows the meals to be enjoyed far from the place where they were prepared. The shelf life for the meals is one year when stored in a freezer.
There are several reasons why we choose to produce our meals in Canada instead of the U.S.:
1. The cost of shipping is actually a very small part of the pricing. In addition, north/south routes are very well established, so shipping out of Canada is not that expensive.
2. The scale of Canadian processors is generally smaller, which allows us to produce in reasonable quantities and keep inventories fresh and rotating.
3. Canada is a very large processor of beans and pulses, so those commodities (including root vegetables) are close at hand and economically attractive.
The meals can be microwaved in five to seven minutes, depending on your microwave. However, the Hot Logic Mini Warming Tray uses a low-temperature, slow induction heat technology that allows your food to heat to the perfect temperature, and then holds it for hours without loss of flavor or drying out. This tray can be ordered separately in our store with or without a meal purchase. We recommend using the warming tray for optimal results since it is portable (perfect for the office) and warms up the meals gradually and evenly, providing an "oven-fresh" experience.
While we do not recommend heating in a conventional oven, it can be done. However, our packaging, including the plastic seal, is definitely not oven safe. You will need to transfer the food from its original tray into an oven safe container and cover it with a foil or an oven safe lid before reheating. It is best to heat your meal as slowly as possible to avoid drying out or burning. We suggest setting the oven to 250 degrees and checking on your food every 10 minutes, stirring once. It should take approximately 25-35 minutes, depending on which meal you have chosen. You must reach an intermal temperature of 140 degrees before your meal can be safely consumed.
We also suggest heating your meal once it has thawed. This will reduce your cooking time and result in a better product. You can thaw your meal overnight in the refrigerator. This should reduce reheating time by up to 10-15 minutes. If you are going to thaw your meal first, it may be easier to transfer your meal from the original tray to your oven safe container while it is still frozen.
Please note that a convection oven can also be used and will speed up the process exponentially. If you are going to use a convection oven, we recommend, if possible, heating the starches and sauces separately as heating time varies between the two. Then, combine them once they are heated thoroughly.
Our tofu is non-GMO, but some of our other ingredients are not. However, we are in the process of becoming non-GMO certified, meaning all of our ingredients will be non-GMO. Sign up for our newsletter for updates!
Our food is not organic. Launching a 20 entree product line that is organic as well would be cost-prohibitive at this time. Having said that, we do believe in and support organic farming and eating chemical free. The possibility of creating an organic line is something we may work on for the future, so stay tuned! Our main goal is to produce food that is whole food, plant-based and affordable for as many people as possible.
The PlantPure Nation Cookbook contains many of the recipes that we used during the Mebane Jumpstarts in the film. Additionally, Kim included many recipes that are family favorites at the Campbell house. The second cookbook, The PlantPure Kitchen, is a continuation of recipes, with many original recipes currently found in our frozen meals. Both cookbooks offer over 25 entrees, as well as over 15 sauces and dressings to enhance salads and sides.
If you're brand new to this lifestyle, we suggest ordering The PlantPure Nation Cookbook first. If you are familiar with this way of cooking and eating, you will enjoy The PlantPure Kitchen cookbook, although you really can't go wrong with either one. We emphasize a lot of traditional comfort-style foods that are found in most American homes.
You can expect to receive your order in 2 to 5 business days, but please allow up to 10 business days from the time you place your order on our website.
With the exception of our frozen entrees, we can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations. When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Please also note that the shipping rates for many items we sell are weight-based. The weight of any such item can be found on its detail page. To reflect the policies of the shipping companies we use, all weights will be rounded up to the next full pound.
To protect the quality of our product, we require meals to be delivered within two days of leaving our warehouses. Also, shipping costs more to Alaska and Hawaii, so we are trying to find ways to reduce this cost right now, including looking for local distribution options. We appreciate your patience and will be updating our website as soon as possible with pricing specifically for Alaska and Hawaii.
Canadian law has certain requirements for distribution and labeling, which we are currently working on. Please make sure to sign up for our newsletter to receive updates on this.
Each tray measures 6.75 inches (w) by 8.75 inches (l) x 1.75 inches (h). So, 20 meals will require 1.2 cubic feet of freezer space. This is roughly a quarter to a third of a standard residential freezer.
You may return most new, unopened merchandise (frozen meals not included) within 30 days of delivery for a full refund. We'll also pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of our error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). You should expect to receive your refund within four weeks of giving your package to the return shipper, but in many cases, you will receive a refund more quickly. This time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
If you need to return an item, please contact us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with return instructions.
We use 95% post-consumer recycled materials and all of our packaging is biodegradable. We no longer use any styrofoam in our shipping packaging. Nearly all of the components can be recycled in standard household recycling programs. To recycle the cotton insulation material, simply drop it off at a facility that accepts cotton fiber. If you cannot find one, you can dispose of it in your trash and it will biodegrade, even in a landfill, in less than one year. The outer film can be recycled as a #4 plastic. If your town does not accept this type of plastic, it will biodegrade in a standard landfill in just over a year.
We have looked into reusable shipping containers, but unfortunately, because of the perishable nature of our meals and for health and safety purposes, we cannot reuse shipping containers at this time. We will continue to move towards more environmentally friendly shipping options as we grow.