Cream of Broccoli Soup
This is an easy soup to prepare, and kids love the creamy texture. This soup can also be used as a topping for baked potato dinners.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 Cheese Starter Pack
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large russet potato, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) bag frozen broccoli florets or 5 cups chopped fresh broccoli florets
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- In a medium-sized soup pot over medium-high heat, sauté the onion in a small amount of water until tender, about 3-5 minutes. Add the potato, broccoli, and 2 cups of water. Continue cooking for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Transfer the vegetable mixture to a blender and blend until you achieve the texture you prefer – chunky or smooth. Return the vegetable mixture to the pot. Do not bother rinsing out the blender.
- Place the contents of the Cheese Starter pack, 2 cups of unsweetened soy or almond milk, and nutmeg into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Add the cheese mixture to the pureed vegetables in the pot. Simmer on low heat for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly and thickened. Serve warm.