This is a creamy mushroom sauce loaded with flavor. Feel free to experiment with different kinds of mushrooms to find the ones you like best.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 Gravy Starter Pack
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 pound fresh button mushrooms, sliced
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 1¼ cups plant-based milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 cups cooked rice or whole-grain pasta
- In a large saucepan, sauté the onions and mushrooms in the white wine over medium-high heat until tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Gravy Starter Pack, milk, and Dijon mustard until the lumps are completely dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into the saucepan with the mushrooms. Simmer over medium-high heat until mixture becomes bubbly and thickened, about 5-8 minutes.
- Serve over brown rice or whole-grain pasta.
- You can also add a can of minced black olives at the very end of cooking, which gives the entire dish a meaty texture with added flavor.