Veggie Pot Pie Egg Rolls
Mixed veggies and chickpeas are smothered in a creamy gravy sauce and rolled up in adorable vegan egg roll wrappers, then baked to perfection. This hearty family dinner will make everyone at your table happy.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 1 Gravy Starter Pack
- 1½ cups water
- 2 cups mixed frozen veggies
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 12 Nasoya Vegan Egg Roll Wraps (found in the produce department of most supermarkets)
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the contents of the Gravy Starter Pack and 1½ cups of water into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place gravy mixture into a saucepan over medium-high heat and cook until bubbly and thickened, whisking continuously. Remove ⅓ cup of the gravy for the dipping sauce, set aside.
- Place 2 cups of frozen veggies into the pan with the gravy mixture and continue cooking until veggies are softened.
- Using a muffin pan with 12 medium sized cups, place one egg roll wrap into each cup letting it extend over the sides. Place about ¼ cup of the vegetable mixture into the wrapper. Moisten your fingers with water and fold the corners up and over the top of the filling, pressing and twisting the edges together to create a seal.
- Bake the muffin bundles for 20 minutes or until crispy and golden brown around the edges.
- Serve warm and dip the bundles into gravy.
- If you prefer to make egg roll wraps instead of bundles, place one wrapper at a time onto a clean surface and place about ¼ cup of the vegetable mixture into the center of the wrapper, close to one of the corners on the square. Roll the corner up and over the filling, fold each side in, and then roll the rest of the way up. Keep a small bowl of water nearby and use it as “glue” to hold the corners of the egg roll wrapper in place.