Mexican Stuffed Peppers
Sweet bell peppers are stuffed with hearty beans and grains. These stuffed peppers are even better as leftovers because they absorb the delicious flavor of this dish, but still hold their shape after being cooled and reheated.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 Enchilada Starter Pack
- 4 red or green bell peppers
- 2 cups cooked grain of your choice: rice, farro, quinoa, whole grain orzo, or couscous
- 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- optional ½ cup Daiya Cheese or other vegan cheese of your choice, including cheese made using the PlantPure Cheese Starter pack
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9"x 9" square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Slice off the top of each bell pepper and remove the seeds and ribs.
- In a medium bowl, combine the grain of your choice, black beans, corn, Enchilada Starter Pack, and diced tomatoes. Mix until thoroughly blended.
- Stuff the peppers with the filling mixture.
- Place the stuffed peppers on the prepared baking pan and sprinkle with Daiya or other vegan cheese (if using). Cover and bake for 30 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro and sliced avocados.
- You can also use the filling mixture for tacos or enchiladas instead of stuffing the peppers.