One-Pot Aztec Quinoa
This one-pot meal makes dinner preparation quick and easy. While great on its own, it also makes a wonderful filling for a taco dinner or a salad-style burrito bowl served with greens, salsa, and lots of avocado slices or guacamole.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
- 1 Enchilada Starter Pack
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 3 cups frozen pepper and onion blend
- 15-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 15-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 avocado, sliced, for garnish
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Combine all the ingredients in a large stockpot, except the avocado and cilantro, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently. Then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer until the quinoa is cooked through, about 15-20 minutes.
- Top with the avocado and cilantro and serve.