Asian Broccoli Salad with Peanut Sauce
This is a unique broccoli salad without the usual mayonnaise base. The peanut dressing is slightly spicy with a little bit of sweetness, which pairs nicely with the broccoli.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 5-8 minutes
- 1 Peanut Starter pack
- 1 cup water
- 12 ounces broccoli florets, about 4-5 cups
- 1 cup frozen edamame or peas, thawed
- 1 red onion, small diced
- ½ cup raisins or dried cranberries
- ½ cup peanuts
- Place the contents of the Peanut Starter pack and 1 cup water into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a small saucepan, cook the peanut sauce mixture over medium-high heat whisking frequently until bubbly and thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Heat a large pot of water over high heat until it is boiling. Add the broccoli florets and cook for 30-60 seconds. This will blanch and soften the broccoli creating a bright green color. Drain in a colander and run cold water over the broccoli to stop the cooking process.
- In a medium-sized bowl, place the broccoli, peanut sauce, and remaining ingredients and mix thoroughly and serve.
- If you enjoy extra spice, add a teaspoon of Sriracha sauce or ½ teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Feel free to use peas instead of edamame