Buffalo Macaroni and No Cheese
This cheesy pasta dish is a light, creamy mouthful of spicy delight. It's a fun twist on a classic mouth-watering meal!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25-30 minutes
- 1 Cheese Starter Pack
- 4 ounces Butler Soy Curls, dried
- 12 ounces macaroni noodles (brown rice or whole wheat)
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- ⅓ cup Frank’s Red-Hot Sauce
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F (if baking).
- Place the soy curls in warm water and hydrate for 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place the contents of the Cheese Starter Pack, unsweetened plant-based milk, and Frank’s Red-Hot Sauce into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Place the cheese sauce into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, continuously whisking the cheese mixture until bubbly and thickened, about 3-5 minutes.
- Combine the pasta noodles, sauce, and drained soy curls in a casserole dish, and sprinkle with the Panko bread crumbs.
- Serve warm or bake, uncovered for 20-30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- Add diced carrots, celery, or peas for added nutrients and texture.