This mole sauce combines a rich chocolate flavor with the spiciness of a standard enchilada sauce. It's a versatile sauce that can be used on almost anything (see "Mole Sauce Ideas" below).
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 5 minutes
- 1 Enchilada Starter Pack
- 3 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter (no added oil)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients and blend to a smooth consistency.
- Cook for 5 minutes until bubbly and thickened, stirring constantly.
Mole Sauce Ideas
- Stuffed peppers: Used in place of the enchilada sauce in the Mexican Stuffed Peppers recipe in this online cookbook.
- Tacos, enchiladas, burritos, nachos: Drizzled over or baked into these traditional dishes.
- Baked tofu: Used as a simple finishing sauce for baked tofu.
- Veggies: Drizzled over roasted or sautéed veggies.
- Rice and beans: Stirred into rice and/or beans.
- Dips, salsas, queso, and guacamole: A spoonful infused into various dips for extra seasoning.