This comfort dish is a crowd pleaser, with tender potatoes in a creamy cheese sauce balanced with just the right spices.
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Cook time: 60 minutes
- 1 Cheese Starter Pack
- 1½ pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 6 medium potatoes), thinly sliced
- 2 onions, sliced into thin rings
- 2 cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line an 8 x 8 inch baking dish with parchment paper.
- Peel and thinly slice the potatoes and onions. Place the potato slices in a bowl and cover with cool water. (You can use a mandolin slicer for quicker prep time.)
- Place the contents of the Cheese Starter Pack and unsweetened plant-based milk into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Drain the potatoes. Arrange half of the potato slices and half of the onions in an overlapping layer in the prepared baking dish. Pour half of the cheese sauce over the vegetables. Repeat with the remaining potatoes and onions, then add the remaining cheese sauce. Sprinkle the smoked paprika over the top.
- Cover the dish with a baking lid or foil and bake for 50-55 minutes or until the potatoes are fork-tender and soft. Uncover and cook for 15 more minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly. Serve warm.
- You can also partially boil the potato slices before assembly to reduce the baking time.
- Add your favorite vegetables, like zucchini, yellow squash, etc.