Using kelp or nori gives this healthy, veggie-infused salad the flavor you might remember from a traditional tuna salad.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 0
- 1 Mayo Starter Pack
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu, drained (half of a standard 14-oz cake)
- ½-1 tablespoon of water, depending on the texture you desire
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup diced dill pickles or relish
- ½ red onion, small diced
- ½ tablespoon kelp granules, or 1 nori sheet finely chopped (can be optional if you can't find this ingredient, although this is the ingredient that adds the sea flavor)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine the Mayo Starter Pack, tofu, and water in a high-speed blender and mix until smooth and creamy. Set aside ½ cup of the mayo for this recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the chickpeas with the back of a fork or potato masher leaving a few of the beans whole. Add the remaining ingredients, including the ½ cup of mayonnaise. Salt and pepper to tase.
- Serve in a sandwich, wrap, or on top of a fresh salad.
- Additional filling ingredients: chopped celery, green onions, capers, and nuts.