- 2 cups pitted dates
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup plant based milk
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350° degrees.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, simmer the dates and water until dates become soft and begin to fall apart.
- Add milk, vinegar, vanilla and the date and water mixture to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- In a large bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, walnuts and raisins. Add the wet mixture from the blender and mix only until combined (do not over mix).
- Place into a parchment lined bread pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes.
✏️Tips & Hints
- You can easily make muffins with this batter but it will shorten the baking time significantly. It depends on the size of the muffin you choose, approximately 15-20 minutes.