This salad is a sweet Mexican-style blend of quinoa, beans, mangoes, veggies, and avocados. The variety of colors, textures, and flavors are beautiful and delicious. It also makes a great filling for a burrito if you have leftovers.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- Pinch of sea salt
- 2 mangoes, pitted, peeled, and diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 1/2 cups black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and diced for garnish
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds for garnish
- In a small bowl, whisk together the orange juice, vinegar, cumin, and sea salt.
- Combine the mangoes, bell pepper, corn, beans, cilantro, and green onions in a medium bowl and drizzle half of the orange juice mixture over the vegetables. Toss to coat them thoroughly.
- Add the quinoa to the vegetable mixture, along with the remaining dressing, and toss to combine. Garnish with the avocado and the pumpkin seeds and serve.