- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice (or 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon ground ginger, ¼ teaspoon ground allspice, ¼ teaspoon ground cloves)
- 2 cups finely chopped apples, cored and peeled (about 2 medium)
- ½ cup walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 ¼ cup nondairy milk
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, spices, apples, walnuts, and raisins. Mix until the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, pumpkin, sugar, and vanilla.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix just until combined. Do not over mix. The batter should appear wet and lumpy at this point.
- Pour the batter into the parchment lined loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the loaf from the pan and allow it to cool before slicing.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- I recommend you using a good baking apple such as McIntosh, Cortland, Rome, or Granny Smith. These also make great muffins while reducing the overall cook time to 20-25 minutes.