This salad is a meal by itself, balanced with a variety of colorful veggies, edamame, and whole grain pasta. The sweet and slightly spicy peanut dressing pairs perfectly with a mix of Asian style veggies.
Prep time 30 minutes
Cook time 12 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons low sodium tamari or soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1-2 teaspoon sriracha
- 1/4 cup all-natural peanut butter (100% peanuts)
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
Noodles and Vegetables
- 8 oz package whole grain noodles
- 2 cups thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup finely chopped kale
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a blender and blend until creamy. Set aside. (It may thicken a bit as it sits.)
- Cook the noodles according to the packaged instructions and rinse in a colander with cold water.
- Combine all the vegetables in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add the noodles and dressing and toss thoroughly. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and serve.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- We love to use seasonal veggies so you can try any combination you enjoy. You can easily add baked tofu or tempeh in place of edamame or any favorite legume.