- 4 cups peeled and cubed yellow potatoes
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, smashed
- 1/4 cup vegetable stock, low sodium
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup vegan sour cream (see recipe in dressings/sauces)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to a medium-low, cover, and simmer until just tender, 10-15 minutes. Be careful not to overcook the potatoes and create a mushy texture. Rinse and cool. Set aside
In a sauce pot, sauté the celery, onion, and garlic in the vegetable stock until tender.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the salt, pepper, flour, nutritional yeast, and milk, making sure there are no lumps.
Whisk the milk into the sautéed vegetables. Keep stirring to prevent sticking and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until thickened.
When the milk broth has reach its desired thickness, fold in the potatoes and sour cream. You can add more milk if the consistency is too thick for your liking.
Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with the smoked paprika and red pepper flakes, and serve hot.