There is need to go without an occasional ice cream treat just because your eating plant-based. Frozen bananas are the perfect base for ice cream. Because bananas are naturally sweet, there is no need to add any sugars. If you’re trying to impress a dinner guest, make this recipe and top it with coconut flakes and chocolate shavings. The possibilities are endless!
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 4 frozen sliced bananas
- 1 cup frozen berries
- ¼ to ½ cup plant-based milk
- Combine the frozen bananas, berries, and ¼ cup milk in a blender or food processor. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Add more milk, a tablespoon at a time, as needed to create a soft and creamy texture. Serve immediately.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- I like to keep frozen bananas on hand for this ice cream. It’s a great way to preserve bananas that are in danger of getting overripe. Simply peel the ripe bananas and slice into chunks. Put the chunks in a zip-top bag and freeze.
- Blending this ice cream may take a while if the bananas are frozen solid. You may even want to slightly thaw the bananas first so they are easier to blend.
- There is no end to the things you can add to this ice cream. I love to add 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder and a little maple syrup (if needed) for a delicious chocolate flavor. You can also try frozen mangoes, peaches, or pineapple, since all three go so nicely with bananas.