Broccoli Chik’n Divan
Nothing beats comfort food like a hot creamy casserole loaded with broccoli, cauliflower, and soy curls. This easy and satisfying dinner recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 20-30 minutes
- 9 x 13 inch baking pan
- High Speed Blender
- Large pot for steaming
- Knives & Spatula
- 4 ounces Butler Soy Curls
- 1 pound chopped fresh broccoli, steamed
- 1 pound chopped fresh cauliflower, steamed
- 1 red onion, diced
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 2 ½ cups unsweetened nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 garlic cloves
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- ½ cup chopped pecans (or almonds)
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9 x 13-inch casserole dish with parchment paper.
- Place the soy curls in a large bowl and cover with warm water. Allow the soy curls to hydrate for 10 minutes.
- In a steamer basket or microwave, steam the broccoli and cauliflower for 3-5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
- Place the broccoli florets, cauliflower, red onion, and hydrated soy curls in the casserole pan, spreading evenly.
- Place the sauce ingredients into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Pour the sauce over the vegetables and top with bread crumbs and pecans.
- Cover baking dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the foil and continue baking for another 10 minutes or until the nuts and breadcrumbs are golden brown and the sauce is bubbly. Serve over rice or pasta.
- Substitute frozen broccoli and cauliflower for quicker meal prep.
- Add grated carrots to the blend for a bit more color and nutrients.