Bac’n Chick Peas:
- 3 tablespoons low sodium tamari sauce
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- ½ teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- One 15 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- ½ cup water
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- ½ cup red onion, small diced
- 1 small apple, small diced
- ½ cup dried fruit (raisins or cranberries)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Mix the tamari sauce, nutritional yeast flakes, and liquid smoke in a medium sized bowl. Pour the chickpeas into the bowl and mix thoroughly so they are well coated.
- Place the chickpeas onto a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until crispy around the edges. Turn the oven off leaving the chickpeas in the oven until you are ready to add them to the salad.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place the shredded brussels sprouts (I like to use the slicer in my food processor), walnuts, onions, apple, dried fruit, avocado, and quinoa into a bowl and toss.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until fully combined. Top with the roasted bac’n chickpeas and serve.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- We love the bac’n chick peas just for snacking! They also make great salad toppers and are the perfect topping for anything that calls for bacon bits.