- One 14-ounce package tempeh or tofu, cubed
- 1 cup oil-free buffalo wing sauce (I use Frank's Red Hot Sauce), mixed with 1/4 teaspoon liquid smoke, plus more for serving
- 2 bunches kale, sliced with stems removed
- Two 15-ounce cans pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
Blue Cheez Dressing:
- 2 tablespoons raw cashews
- 4 ounces extra-firm tofu
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onions or fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup crumbled extra-firm tofu
- Preheat oven to 375˚ degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a shallow dish, marinate the tempeh in the buffalo sauce mixture for 1 hour.
- Place all of the blue blue cheese dressing ingredients, except the green onions and crumbled tofu, into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Remove the dressing from the blender and fold in the green onions and crumbled tofu.
- Remove the tempeh from the marinade and place on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 10-15 minutes, until edges are browned and dry, turning the tempeh halfway through so it doesn't overcook on one side
- Steam the sliced kale in a small amount of water just until wilted. Drain, then add the pinto beans and toss with the kale until warmed through
- To assemble each serving, start with 1 cup of rice, then add the kale and beans, and top with the tempeh. Drizzle with the Blue Cheez Dressing. Add more buffalo sauce to the bowl if you like it spicy.
- To assemble the dish, start with a scoop of rice, then kale and beans, and top with tempeh. Drizzle the top with blue cheez dressing . Add more buffalo sauce to the bowl if you like it spicy.