- 6 corn or flour tortillas
- one 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup seeded and small diced poblano pepper
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup tofu cashew mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375° F.
- Shape the tortillas by placing them in a nonstick oven-safe bowl and baking them in the oven until crispy, 5-10 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, smash the chickpeas with a fork and sprinkle with the chili powder. Add the cabbage, carrot, red onion, poblano pepper, green onion, cilantro, mayonnaise, and lime juice. Mix thoroughly, adding salt last.
- Divide the salad mixture among the taco bowls and top with the sliced avocado. Add Sriracha if you like your tacos spicy.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- I use nonstick metal bowls to shape my tacos. I put the tortillas in the bowl and bake for 5-10 minutes. These are perfect for taco salads as well.