A special treat if you love gingerbread, these are perfect for the holidays!
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 5-10 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- 2 1/4 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 1/2 cups nondairy milk
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the nondairy milk and molasses.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry, being careful not to overmix. Over-mixing can lead to tough, gummy pancakes. You will have some lumps, but that's fine.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Heat a nonstick griddle pan over medium-high heat. Drop a 1/4-1/2 cup of batter onto the preheated pan.
- Cook until bubbles appear in the middle of the pancake. Flip and continue cooking for 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining pancake batter.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- For a thicker or thinner pancake, simply adjust milk as needed.