- ½ cup walnuts
- 1 cup oats
- ½ cup packed pitted medjool dates (10-12), soaked and softened
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Pinch sea salt
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- 2 medium sized ripe avocados
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Crème De Menthe
- ½ teaspoon peppermint extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup vegan chocolate chips melted
- ¼ cup cocao nibs (for garnishing)
- Place the crust ingredients, except the water, into a food processor and process on high until you have a mealy mixture. Add the water 1 tablespoon at a time until you have a sticky consistency that will hold together for a crust. Be careful not to make it too wet, just enough to begin sticking together. Place the mixture into an 8 x 8 inch square pan lined with parchment paper. Evenly spread and press the crust mixture so the entire pan is covered. Set aside.
- In a high powered blender, add the filling ingredients and blend until you have a smooth texture much like frosting. Spread the filling mixture onto the crust and spread evenly with a knife or spatula. Place into a freezer for 6-8 hours or until completely frozen.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a microwave for 1-2 minutes until fully melted. Pour the melted chocolate over the filling mixture and spread evenly. Garnish with cocoa nibs or unsweetened coconut flakes. Place the bars back into a freezer. When they are fully frozen and firm, slice them into squares any size you prefer. Store in the freezer and serve cold.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- If you prefer a pie, simply build the recipe in a pie plate. You can easily turn the green minty filling into a chocolate filling by adding ¼ cup cocoa powder.