- 2 pounds carrots, sliced
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 celery stalks, small diced
- 1 red onion, small diced
- 1 green bell pepper, small diced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil, add carrots and simmer over medium heat until tender, about 5-8 minutes. Do not overcook the carrots, they should be firm not mushy. Drain and rinse the carrots in cold water. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the tomato sauce, cornstarch, maple syrup, white vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt until there are no lumps. Turn the heat to medium-high and allow the mixture to become bubbly and thick. Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Place the carrots, celery, onion, peppers, and garlic in a large bowl and cover with the cooled tomato sauce mixture tossing to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours to allow carrots to fully marinate.