Potatoes are my favorite breakfast food. When I was a kid, my mother would often prepare eggs and potatoes as a special weekend breakfast. I quickly discovered that I preferred the potatoes over the eggs because they were not just filling, but loaded with savory flavors.
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 40 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1- to 2- inch cubes
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a gallon-size zip-top bag, combine all the ingredient and shake to evenly distribute the seasonings on the vegetables. Spread out the mixture in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes tossing once halfway through, until golden and tender. Serve.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- If you have leftover potatoes they make a great snack, or you can add them to a salad instead of croutons.