I like a mixture of grains, nuts, and dried fruits for an easy breakfast. I prefer muesli to traditional processed cereals. This is such an easy breakfast to customize creating those textures and flavors your family enjoys!
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
Yield 6 servings
- 3 cups whole-grain dry oats (not instant)
- 1 cup wheat or bran flakes
- 1/2 cup rye flakes (optional)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds (raw or roasted)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup dried fruit (raisins, blueberries, or cranberries)
- 1/2 cup chopped pitted Medjool dates
- 3 tablespoons flax meal
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients and store in a sealed container.
- Serve muesli with your favorite nondairy milk and fresh fruit.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- Any of these ingredients (except the oats) can be replaced or left out. Making a recipe for muesli is easy because I usually dump whatever ingredients I have on hand into a container and shake. You can choose various nuts, dried fruit, flakes, and even spices.