- 2 14-oz cans of artichokes, drained, rinsed, and quartered
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Nori Sheet, roasted and crumbled
- One 8-ounce package shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- 8-10 Corn tortillas
- 1 large ripe avocado, pitted and peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, seeded
- ½ cup cilantro leaves (loosely packed)
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ tablespoon pure maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1-2 tablespoons Sriracha
- 2 limes, sliced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Prepare your dredging stations: Bowl #1 : flour Bowl #2: milk Bowl #3: panko breadcrumbs, nutritional yeast flakes, garlic, nori crumbles, old bay seasoning.
- Dip the artichoke quarters in the flour and cover completely, then the milk, and then the panko mixture coating well. Place onto a parchment lined baking sheet. Repeat until all the pieces are breaded. Bake for about 10-15 minutes or until breading is golden brown.
- Place the dressing ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place half of the dressing into the cole-slaw mixture and toss until thoroughly combined. Use the remaining dressing to drizzle over tacos.
- Assemble: Place the baked artichokes into a corn tortilla and top with slaw and lime dressing. Garnish with sriracha, limes, and cilantro.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- Breaded artichokes are a delicious appetizer all alone with almost any type of dipping sauce. If you like them more or less “fishy” flavored, simply add more nori or omit depending on personal preference.