You won't miss a traditional nacho sauce after you try this recipe, especially since it's so easy to make. We like to keep a container of this in the refrigerator so it's always on hand for topping baked potatoes, tacos, pizza, or tortilla chips.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 5 minutes
Yield 4 servings
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chipotle chile powder, or more to taste
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced green chiles, drained
- Combine all the ingredients, except the jalapeno and diced green chiles, in a high-powered blender and blend on high until creamy and smooth. Add the jalapeno and diced green chiles.
- Transfer the mixture to a saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until bubble and thickened, about 5 minutes. Serve. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.