- 2 tablespoons flax meal
- 6 tablespoons water
- 3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1 avocado, pitted and peeled
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a 9 x 9 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flax meal and water. Let stand for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, sea salt, and chocolate chips, stirring thoroughly.
- To a blender, add maple syrup, milk, coconut sugar, vanilla, mashed sweet potatoes, and avocado. Blend until smooth and creamy. Pour this creamy mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the flax and water mixture. Stir until ingredients are completely combined. Do not over stir.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. Allow the brownies to fully cool on a wire rack before slicing, this will allow you to get clean and even brownie cuts. Enjoy!