- 1 lb. unpeeled red potatoes (3 medium sized potatoes), diced into 2 inch cubes
- ½ lb. green beans, 2 inch cut
- ¼ cup Thai Green Curry Paste (I use Thai Kitchen)
- 1 cup lite coconut milk
- ½ cup nondairy milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (or preferred sweetener)
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- ¼ cup basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup peas, fresh or frozen
- 1 carrot, diced
- 4 cups cooked brown rice
- Steam the potatoes and green beans until tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the curry paste, coconut milk, nondairy milk, salt, cornstarch, maple syrup, and lime juice until ingredients are thoroughly blended. Set aside.
- In a large fry pan, sauté the onion in a small amount of water or vegetable broth until tender. Add the remaining ingredients: potatoes, green beans, and curry mixture simmering over low-medium heat for 12-15 minutes. Serve over brown rice or whole grain pasta.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- You can use any type of potato in this recipe but we prefer red potatoes for this dish because they are less starchy and stand up a little better in a sauce.