This plant based mayonnaise is so rich and full of flavor that you will not miss your old egg- and oil- based mayonnaise. I like to make a batch every week or two to have on hand - consider it part of your pantry! I use this mayonnaise for sandwiches, dressings, and sauces.
Prep time 10 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
Yield 1 1/4 cups
- 7 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water to cover for 2-3 hours, then drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon tahini
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons water
- Soaking the cashews in water for a few hours will reduce blending time. If you are not using a high speed blender, I highly recommend soaking the cashews so they blend into a smooth and creamy texture.
- Place all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until smooth and shiny.