- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 1/2 cups chopped dinosaur kale
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup canned chick peas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- ½ teaspoon white miso paste (optional)
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Place the dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. You can also whisk the dressing but using a blender will help to emulsify the ingredients.
- Rinse the quinoa, which can have a bitter taste if not rinsed thoroughly. Add the quinoa and the water to a pot, bring to a boil over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat to a simmer. Cover and cook until all the liquid is absorbed.
- Lightly steam broccoli and kale in a small amount of water until the colors are bright green.
- Add the green onions, carrot, avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, and chickpeas to a large mixing bowl along with the steamed kale and broccoli. Toss to combine.
- Assemble Buddha bowl by placing warm quinoa in a bowl and tossing with veggies and chick peas. Drizzle tahini dressing over the top and serve.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- A Buddha bowl is a versatile dish. So, if you like, change the veggies, add baked tofu, or use any grain you prefer.