This creamy chickpea dip is a delicious addition to sandwiches, vegetables, or baked crackers. Serve with fresh-cut veggies, pita bread or chips, or as a spread for any sandwich.
Prep time 15 minutes
Cook time 0 minutes
Yield 4-6 servings
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 garlic clove
- Two 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Begin by putting tahini, lemon juice, and water in a food processor or strong blender. Blend thoroughly. This helps emulsify the tahini with the liquids and makes for a creamier texture.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the parsley to the same food processor with the lemon and tahini processing until smooth.
- Place the hummus in a serving dish and fold in the parsley.
✏️ Tips & Hints
- I love to play with the flavor and texture of humus by adding some veggies we enjoy, such as spinach, artichokes, or roasted peppers. You can process the veggies with the chickpeas or fold them in at the last minute for a bit more texture. You can also reduce the tahini and simply add more water if you want this to be lower in fat. Tahini adds a delicious sesame flavor but it also adds extra fat. Note that the store-bought hummus uses lot of oil to make the humus creamy, so beware of store-bought hummus unless it says no added oil.